The TeensyWiNo is a powerful shield for the PJRC Teensy 3.1/3.2. This all-in-one shield offers many possibilities: it enables wireless networking and adds many sensors to the Teensy 3.1/3.2 module, while keeping a small form factor. Thanks to the Arduino ecosystem, the TeensyWiNo enables fast prototyping of Wireless Sensor Nodes, Internet of Things End-Devices or Connected Devices.
The TeensyWiNo includes:
- A sub GigaHertz FSK/GFSK/OOK transceiver,
- Many sensors: Luminosity, temperature, pressure, 3D accelerometer/gyroscopic/magnetometer,
- A Li-Po battery charger and gauge,
- A RGB LED.
Please refer to the Libraries section for more information on the recommended libraries.
The TeensyWiNo has been designed by Snootlab.com after a technological transfert from the IRIT lab in Toulouse, France (Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse). As Snootlab has put a halt to its commercial activity, the TeensyWiNos are no longer available on their on-line shop.
- Installing the software development tools
- Playing with the RGB LED
- Using the luminosity sensor
- Using the accelerometer sensor
- Connecting an antenna to the TeensyWiNo
- Exchanging data between two or more TeensyWiNos
- Connecting a Li-Po battery and saving energy
As seen on the following block diagram, the TeensyWiNo embeds:
- 1 RFM22b (sub GigaHertz transceiver)
- 1 TSL2561 (luminosity sensor)
- 1 BMP085 (temperature and pressure sensor)
- 1 LSM303CTR (3 axis accelerometer and magnetometer)
- 1 L3GD20 (3 axis gyroscopic sensor)
- 1 MAX17043 (Li-Po battery gauge)
- 1 Li-Po charger based on a MCP73831
- 1 RGB LED
TeensyWiNo Block Diagram
The TeensyWiNo’s sensors are connected to the MCU via the I2C bus, while the transceiver is connected via the SPI bus. Sensors and transceiver are powered via the Teensy 3.3V output (internally regulated).
|Networking||HopeRF RFM22b||RadioHead||Modification required||[git] [zip]|
|Networking||Data-link layer||SimpleWino||Works out-of-the-box||[git] [zip]|
|Sensors||/!\ Required ALL sensors||Adafruit_Sensor||Works out-of-the-box||[git] [zip]|
|Sensors||Luminosity||TSL2561||Modification required||[git] [zip]|
|Sensors||Temperature/pressure||BMP085||Works out-of-the-box||[git] [zip]|
|Sensors||Accelero/magneto||LSM303CTR||Works out-of-the-box||[git] [zip]|
|Sensors||Gyroscope||L3GD20||Works out-of-the-box||[git] [zip]|
|Energy||LiPo Gauge||MAX17043||Works out-of-the-box||[git] [zip]|
|Teensy||Sleep/Deep sleep||Snooze||Works out-of-the-box||[git] [zip]|